Subject: Re: X on JavaStation
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/21/2002 20:47:00
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:24:20 +0200, John Oxley wrote:

> The problem is when I connect a PS/2 keyboard to the keyboard port, all of
> the lights ({Num,Caps,Scroll} Lock) stay on permanently, and the
> keyboard gives me no response (kernel attached).
>
> When I run 'X' as root, or as a user, I get the same result:
>
> marie# X
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot open /dev/kbd, error 6
[...]
> 8042 at obio0 slot 0 offset 0x300060 level 13 not configured

The -current has the driver for Mr.Coffee keyboard that attaches it as
kbd (not pckbd!) so that you can run stock Xsun on it.  It still has
issues (rather, there are still issues with MI pckbc driver), but
should be usable.

> nfs_boot: client_addr=192.168.0.3 (RARP from 192.168.0.2)
> nfs_boot: server_addr=192.168.0.2
> nfs_boot: hostname=marie
> nfs_boot: timeout...
> nfs_boot: timeout...
> nfs_boot: timeout...

To avoid the timeout, add 'gateway' to /etc/bootparams entry:

    gateway=hosname:255.255.255.0

There's an example in bootparams(5), but the keyword is not
documented.  The kernel uses it to find default gateway when it boots
off nfs.

SY, Uwe