Subject: Re: solaris libs
To: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/21/2002 14:12:26
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:14:05PM +1100, Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:

> Hi folks,
> trying to run communicator on sparc. I can't get solaris libs.
> 1. I can't find them on the solaris install cd's.
> 2. I can't find a sun box in my organisation thats not ultra sparc
> to copy from.

Hi Paul,

The libraries you want are in the SUNWcsl, SUNWxwrtl, SUNWxwplt,
SUNWmfrun and a few other packages. They can be found in the
Product directory on a Solaris install CD. Take a look in
/var/sadm/install/contents on a Solaris system to determine which
packages you would need to get the required libraries.

You can use the libs from an Ultra; simply follow the instructions in
compat_svr4(8). The 64-bit libs (if installed) won't be used unless you
are running sparc64.

Hope this helps.

g.