Subject: netscape on sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/18/2002 14:46:30
Hi folks,
I'm attempting to try solaris netscape on sparc.

Problem 1 is that it keeps trying to download and
install the sunos version and not the solaris one.
I am following the sparc FAQ and "do not" have
"NS_USE_SUNOS variable in /etc/mk.conf. "
I tried NS_USE_SVR4 as a guess but this didn't
work either.  I also tried to hide the old sunos emul
directory but to no avail.
So how can I get www/communicator in the pkgs
to install the solaris one please?

Problem 2 is that I have no source for the solaris
libs. I have set up the /emul/srv4 tree else wise and
made the dev files etc according to the compat_svr4
man page. Just can someone point me to a source
for the svr4 libs please.

Thanks!:)
Paul.

Paul