Subject: Re: sunos libdl
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/18/2002 00:40:50
Thanks Greywolf:),
found this and got it working , mostly.

I tried to use the "messenger" part of communicator
to do the email with a pop server up the modem link.

Unfortunately when I go to send a mail I see the message:
"looking up localhost" which is the outgoing smtp server,
and then it core dumps and crashes due to a bus error.

I was hoping to shift my browser and mail from the
intel box to the sparc, now that I'm running an ss5.
I use nestcape for all my mail and browsing.

Would you or anyone else have a suggestion for how
to fix this crashing of my new netscape on sparc? Or
is it simply buggy and perhaps I should try the Solaris
version instead of the sunos one?

thanks in advance,
Paul.

PS I tried the sunos one first because I thought it
would be simpler and run quicker.