Subject: Re: Random compiler death on Sun4c
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/2002 16:32:18
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> Identical to my IPX (execpt processor speed), which doesn't exibit this
> problem. Are you sure it's not a hardware issue ?

I can't rule it out, obviously. It is definitely not a memory issue,
which leaves the board, which is a lot less common IME. It is a fanless
machine, though, so it could be heat. I'll try again with aggressive
ventilation, and see if I can still reproduce it.

If anyone's running big compiles (i.e. world, sys, an RDBMS or something
else large) with 1.6 on this hardware without problems, I'd like to hear
about it.

Thanks,

Dan
--