Subject: Re: wscons on sparc 1.6
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/09/2002 22:32:02
On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 15:06:11 +0000, Antonio Prioglio wrote:

> I stumbled across the problem on wscons devices (ttyEx) not defined
> in MAKEDEV.

They are in -current.  Note that they are currently only useful on
"Krups" JavaStation - the only sparc machine that uses wscons.
There's some progress in adding wscons support to other sparcs.
Martin Husemann currently works on wskbd at kbd attachment (for
sparc64, but that code is shared).  Overall we'd like to avoid flag
days, so the idea is that old kbd/ms/fb interfaces will still be
provided, so e.g. old X servers will continue to work.

SY, Uwe