Subject: Re: SS10 going to OpenBoot
To: Jens Georg <jegeorg@stud.uni-hannover.de>
From: Andrew Basterfield <bob@cemetery.homeunix.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/08/2002 08:47:43
--=.GUPGTo5,LpCcy0

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:22:36 +0100
Jens Georg <jegeorg@stud.uni-hannover.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I recently got a SS10 and installed netbsd 1.6 on it; the machine runs
> disk+ and headless somewhere under a shelf. so far, so good.
>
> The problem is: every morning I find it having terminated NetBSD and
> beeing in OpenBoot, leaving no clues in the logs or cores...

At night you don't switch off a machine connected to it by rs232 do you?
Switching off my terminal is enough to put my sparc2 in the prom.

Maybe you should consider leaving a serial console open so you can see
what is happening.

Does the sparc carry on OK if you type 'go' at OpenBoot?

--Andrew

--=.GUPGTo5,LpCcy0

--=.GUPGTo5,LpCcy0--