Subject: Re: re: No network in netscape
To: Julian Coleman , matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/05/2002 14:56:56
05.11.2002 14:42:29, matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:

Hello,

>this sounds like you are missing something like ld.so.1 or something.
>this is failing because it doesn't recognise it as a solaris binary
>i think....
>

>      368 ktrace   CALL  execve(0x1e700,0xefffefe0,0xeffff530)
>      368 ktrace   NAMI  "/bin/sh"
>
>   This is with 1.6J (Yes, I have got COMPAT_SVR4 in my kernel).  I'll try it
>   under 1.6 and see what happens.

Again something possibly similar from i386 - I recently tried Opera for Linux ( I have COMPAT_LINUX and COMPAT_FREEBSD in my kernel which is 1.6 ) which won't run, with more or less the
same error message ( unknown binary format or so ).
Could it be that the binary compatibility code got somehow messed up in 1.6 ?

have fun
Michael