Subject: Re: No network in netscape
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Johan A. van Zanten <johan@brahma.giantfoo.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/04/2002 00:08:38
---In message <20021104002134.GB27244@fang>
>On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 06:08:01PM -0500, Johan A. van Zanten wrote:
>
>> Does anyone else see this behavior?  Is anyone using the Solaris Navigator
>> or Communicator with *no* problems?  If so, what version of the Solaris
>> libs are you using?
>
>Yes. While I don't use it regularly anymore, I ran Communicator 4.78 for
>Solaris 2.5.1 on NetBSD 1.5.2 with Solaris 7 libs. I used it almost all
>the time and did not have any troubles that you speak of.
>
>That said, I also did nothing special (it "just worked"), so I'm not
>sure if that helps or not.

Yes, it did, thank you.  I'm now running the following:

 - Solaris 2.6 libs in /emul/...

 - Navigator 4.79 (Solaris 2.5.1) from pkgsrc

 I no longer see the DNS problem, though i do have trouble with the
 display.  Navigator complains that it cannot open display ":0.0".  If i
 use "hostname:0.0" it's fine, which is a pretty trivial work around,
 though i'm unsure if it has any significant performance issues.  If i
 manage to find my Solaris 2.5.1 media, i'll try those libs next.

 --johan