Subject: Can 1.6/sparc install on disk w/ disklabel written via 1.6/i386?
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2002 18:18:25
I've got the drive referenced below. Previous 1.6/sparc install
attempts failed w/ a "no sun disk label" (or something like this) error. I
was able to do a 1.6/i386 install on the disk, so now its got a NetBSD disklabel.
Should the 1.6/sparc install now work? BTW, I check the SunOS format.dat
file for this drive - its not listed, but many other Fujitsu drives are. A
serch thru old list posts turned up similar problems of this nature, but
didn't seem to spell out a solution, at least not one obvious to me "/.

Drive data:
Fujitsu 4GB SCSI ultrafast
Model: M2954SYU  ID: JW
Part #: CA01407-3513