Subject: Re: Swissgerman keyboard layout on SS5
To: Simon Gerber <sigex@gmx.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2002 11:06:46
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:29:13AM +0100, Simon Gerber wrote:

> I've installed a NetBSD 1.6 on a SS5 but I cannot change the keyboard
> layout.

Yep, that does not work (sadly, because the keyboard even reports the layout
to the machine, so it could work automagically, like it does in the firmware).

I've got a new german layout keyboard recently and intend to optionally
support that; if you know the differences between german and swissgerman
layout, please contact me off-list so we can integrate that too.

The wscons support for the sparc port is only available for JavaStations right
now, but this will change soon. This will make changing the layout at runtime
and loading user defined key mappings (as described in the FAQ) possible.

Martin