Subject: Swissgerman keyboard layout on SS5
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Gerber <sigex@gmx.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2002 10:29:13
Hello list

I'm new to NetBSD and have a problem with the keyboard layout settings.

I've installed a NetBSD 1.6 on a SS5 but I cannot change the keyboard
layout.

The default method from standard howto (wscons => wsconsctl -k -w
encoding=sg)
didn't  work (neither with "de" layout).
He tells me:
wsconsctl: /dev/wskbd0: No such file or directory
But I don't know how to build that device

I googled, but was not sucessfull

But it have to work, or is it not possible to use wscons on ss5 with the
port sparc ?

I tougth about changing the kernel source to get to my layout needed, but
that's not the way it should be or is it?

Do I have to change /sys/dev/pckbc/wskbdmap_mfii.c file to my desired
keyboard layout ?

Please help a NetBSD greenhorn ?

Greetings

Simon