Subject: Re: sun4c vs 1.6
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/25/2002 09:30:45
> Hmmmm.... if you're running the stock 'named' from 1.5.3 then I believe
> that may be your problem.  You need to be running BIND-8.3.3 at minimum
> to avoid some potential security problems.  It's possible that the

Thanks.  Right now I'm running 8.3.1-REL.  I'll get on it ASAP, but first
I want to update NetBSD.  (Actually to my chagrin I see the bind machine
is running 1.4.2; it's much more critical than I thought!)

> presumably because of libc bugs that I've got to fix by upgrading to
> 1.6.x myself.

I really have no choice but to use a SPARCstation IPC Sun-4/40 (Thanks,
Lubomir.).  So I'm back to what _should_ I update an _IPC_ to: 1.5.4a or
1.6.x ??  Reliability in the sense of processes running for months at a
time is the primary criteria.  I don't use pkgsrc for this machine, so
the native compiler must put out good code, too.

Thanks again.

--
henry nelson