Subject: Re: sun4c vs 1.6
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/24/2002 14:09:55
Greg A. Woods said:

>Hmmmm.... if you're running the stock 'named' from 1.5.3 then I believe
>that may be your problem.  You need to be running BIND-8.3.3 at minimum
>to avoid some potential security problems.  It's possible that the
>'named' failures are actually intrusion attempts.  It's also possible
>they're just more BIND bugs too -- named from 8.3.3 dies on my 1.3.2
>sparc more often than I'd like, though other stuff dies there too,
>presumably because of libc bugs that I've got to fix by upgrading to
>1.6.x myself.

NetBSD rmkhome 1.5.4_ALPHA NetBSD 1.5.4_ALPHA (RMKHOME) #6: Wed Oct  9 20:54:17 MDT 2002     rmk@rmkhome:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/RMKHOME sparc

I've been running BIND-9.2.2rc1 and previous back to 9.1.0. The same box is
also my NTP server and main mail server. It's a SS5 with 64megs, but it used
to be 32megs. It has been solid as a rock since 1.5.2.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com