Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 branch vs. recent esp(4) fixes....
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/24/2002 15:12:58
[ On Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 10:57:04 (-0700), Brian Buhrow wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 branch vs. recent esp(4) fixes....
>
> 	Hello Greg.  This is a bit off-topic, but whenever I've seen
> external drives start going on and off-line when under heavy load, it has
> usually been because the power supply in the external enclosure is failing.

Yes, that's a very good possiblity -- this drive is in is a little
enclosure intended for a single "full-sized" 3.5" drive.  I should
probably move it into the system enclosure....  I think I can add a fan
to the enclosure to keep the internal drives cool enough, and these
drives draw a lot less power than the ones which originally shipped with
the system....

--
								Greg A. Woods