Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 branch vs. recent esp(4) fixes....
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/2002 20:12:15
[ On Wednesday, October 23, 2002 at 16:45:33 (-0700), Andrey Petrov wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 branch vs. recent esp(4) fixes....
>
> The changes I made for the driver were targeted and tested on fas. It's
> quite possible that they might help to deal with device initiated reset
> in other esp-variants as well, but I don't know, never had a chance to
> try. So yes, it needs to be done.

OK, I'll try copying over the changes to my 1.6.x directory and see if I
can test those changes on an SS20 where I can power cycle this external
drive to simulate the problem it has and see if it'll come back online.

> I think 1.6 scsictl is 'good enough'
> to issue scsibus reset or scan, so you might not need to pull that from
> current.

Ah, yes, I see SCBUSIORESET is there....  Now I remember it was
SCIOCDEBUG that I was looking at in -current.  There are also some new
device commands supported in -current too.

--
								Greg A. Woods