Subject: Re: sun4c vs 1.6
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/2002 22:39:18
> I just installed 1.6 on an IPX which I plan to use for firewalling
> duties, but remembered some discussion a while back regarding
> problems with the software cache flush and the 1+.  does this affect
> the IPX as well?

Based on my experiences in the past (coredumps during "make build", or
starting a mud), I believe the IPX does not have the problem.

Whether the interim fix that's been put in place, the one that fixes
the problem but severely cripples performance, whether that fix affects
the IPX, I don't know, but I would tend to assume not.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign