Subject: sun4c vs 1.6
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/2002 13:23:47
I just installed 1.6 on an IPX which I plan to use for firewalling
duties, but remembered some discussion a while back regarding problems
with the software cache flush and the 1+.  does this affect the IPX as
well?

cpu0 at mainbus0: cache chip bug; trap page uncached: W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU

I have another IPX with dead NVRAM (I'll be replacing it soon) which has
a weitek rather than fujitsu CPU -- would it be any safer?

or has this all been fixed and I have nothing to worry about?  (I'm sure
Greg will speak up at this point...)

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400