Subject: Re: POSIX threads & NetBSD 1.6?
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/2002 13:59:36
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 03:43:24AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	Perhaps the compiler does not automatically include these
> directories.  I was under the impression it did.

It isn't the compiler's job to do this: your build environment is supposed to
tell the compiler what to do.

All these issues you bring up are build issues, not NetBSD issues.  Most
software is poorly written, makes stupid assumptions, and the build is
often uneccessarily broken for *any* system, not just NetBSD.

Just look at all the Linux-built crap that comes out and assumes all
UNIX have things set up like a Red Hat (TM) system.

We all could do a better job with things like make files, making them
able to handle whatever the local situation is.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com