Subject: Re: POSIX threads & NetBSD 1.6?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/2002 18:53:43
> 	But I'm pretty sure that the location of header and library files
> are pretty standardized.  And I believe that Solaris includes POSIX
> threads out of the box.  I'll be able to find out for sure tomorrow,
> when I get to work and can check some of our 200+ Solaris servers,
> including everything from SPARCstation 4's to E10k's.

To get pthreads in Solaris, you have to have installed the following pkgs:

system	SUNWcsl		Core Solaris, (Shared Libs)
system	SUNWcslx	Core Solaris Libraries, (64-bit)
system	SUNWarc		Archive Libraries
system	SUNWarcx	Archive Libraries (64-bit)
system	SUNWhea		SunOS Header Files

(In Solaris 7, anyway ... this gets you libpthread.so.1 in both "normal"
 and SPARC/V9 forms, and lint libraries for same, and <pthread.h>.)

	- Greg (who wonders why this thread is in "port-sparc" when it
		has nothing to do with the SPARC port, specifically)