Subject: Re: Restarting after a power failure.
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/2002 17:25:48
 --- Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org> a écrit :
> If a Sun system gets an RS-232 BREAK on the serial
> port (ttya will do it,
> I'm not sure about ttyb) either the NetBSD kernel
> debugger will start up or
> you'll drop into the OpenBoot PROM.  An RS-232 BREAK
> is generated by many
> serial devices when they are powered off.....

Yes I know it, but, it's not my case as :
- the laptop is already down (so don't send anything
;-D)
- when I switch on the laptop, the boot process is
unlocked, so I don't think the SS5 is in OpenBoot
mode.

It seems also the boot processes is stoped juste
before remote loggin are allowed.

Bye

Laurent

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.