Subject: Re: 1.6 sparc sysinstall full install missing kernel install?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2002 10:11:02
On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 03:59:16AM -0400, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> Off the wall thinking.... is there a prom setting that is used to determine
> the keyboard type?

No, the keyboard is asked for it's type (but if I read the code correctly
the answer is the same for a type 4 and type 5, only the type 5 will send
some make/break codes the type 4 never would). On a side node, the keyboard
is asked for its language layout as well, but too late, and the answer is
never used. I thought about optionally providing additional layout tables,
and probably will do that soon - in the long term switching to wscons and
using the loadable layout tables is better.

Martin