Subject: Re: Audio
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/2002 13:52:41
[ On Tuesday, October 8, 2002 at 09:10:54 (-0300), Jared D. McNeill wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Audio
>
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Rasputin wrote:
> >
> > Since you bring this up, any idea if DBRI will ever be supported?
>
> I have an _almost_ working driver for the audio portion of the DBRI. I
> can't seem to track down one bug with it, and since my DBRI is attached to
> my mailserver, it's been just sitting idle for well over 6 months.
>
> Basically, "sound comes out, but it's clearly not reading it from the
> right buffer".

I have a "spare" SS20 that I'm now using as my desktop while waiting for
another SS5 to arrive in the mail and so I could certainly help out if
you'd like.  I even have a proper Sun microphone and a pair of stereo
headphones plugged into it in anticipation of your driver!  ;-)

I'm currently booting a 1.6-branch kernel on a pre-1.6-branch -current
userland, though I don't currently have a -current source tree....

--
								Greg A. Woods