Subject: Re: uk keyboard and xmodmap
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org, Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/2002 14:42:11
Hello,

>in fact X is set up so that most of the keys work as expected anyway (pound
>signs @ etc all in the right place) just an awkward |. is twm imposing its own
>keymap? have i put xmodmap in the right place? should xmodmap executed in an
>xterm affect that xterm subsequently (it doesnt)?
>
>anyone done this?
I had the same on i386, XF86's UK keymap is just another US one :-(
The xmodmap in .xinitrc worked for me, but I didn't use twm ( can't imagine twm fiddling with the keymap... )

>ps i'm guessing that i cant have a uk layout in console mode.
Again i386 - there is a kernel option for the compiled-in keymaps, at least for i386 there is a KB_UK ( or KB_GB ? I always get it wrong the first time and have to compile again ) setting.

have fun
Michael