Subject: Audio
To: PORT-SPARC <Port-SPARC@NetBSD.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@GCI-Net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/07/2002 18:45:33
Greetings!
    I'm just starting work on an audio-oriented application.
I (naively) had planned on using an SS2.  Then, noticed
it's not set up for simple "audio in/out" connections, etc.
    A bit more research and now I am *totally* confused...
It appears some SPARCs need external hardware to get
"real" audio; others are limited to telephone quality CODEC's,
and still other hardware appear not to be supported under
NetBSD, etc.
    If my goal is "16 bit (linear) audio", what boxes should I
be looking at?  For now, I can live with just audio *out* -- but
will eventually need audio *in* as well.
    Am I better off just dragging out a pea sea?
Thanks!
--don