Subject: Re: ts102.c
To: Erik Berls <cyber@ono-sendai.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/06/2002 12:28:44
On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 08:20:52AM -0700, Erik Berls wrote:

> Even the nell looks somewhat like an i386 based chip.

Uhh, you knew I couldn't let this pass without protest ;-)

The nell design is very simple, adequate for the sbus and bendable
into shape by the driver for just about every pcmcia card in existence
and even some more odd ones you could imagine. It has some restrictions
due to its simplistic aproach, but I've yet to see a real world card
exposing those.

If you call that "like an i386 based chip" - ok.

> The ts102 appears to have been designed by people who know sparc and sbus.

But not pcmcia? ;-}

Martin