Subject: Re: How to navigate timezone menus on sparc keyboard????
To: None <aardvark@krl.com>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/05/2002 17:25:10
I tend not to think Emacs by default, having
grown up on canary yellow roll form on '15/'19/
'28/ and '33 teleprinters and dumb glass tty's.
Instead I think ed and vi, and only once the
critter is up, maybe Emacs.

For the sake of discussion, since it appears the
script in the timezone menus seems to only be
accepting a <CR> pointer to the selected time
zone, and an X to exit, one could make the case
that certain defaults should be accepted for
cursor positioning.  The time honored ctrl-HJKL
should be accepted, as well as maybe "n" for
next and "p" for previous (no CTRL function ---
kiss approach in the grand UNIX tradition), and
maybe "b" for beginning and "e" for end.

ALSO.... put a one liner note to that effect at
the header lines when the timezone menus first
come on, more than just the select and X to exit.  Such things as Emacs based
ctrl-n and
ctrl-p are not defacto UNIX standards (even
though Emacs tries to be), and can't be assumed
unless given clear warning in header messages.

Thanks

Bob