Subject: Re: nell & wi on Classic - no luck just yet, some help needed
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/04/2002 09:06:55
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 04:23:15PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> this means that an interrupt is generated at the specified ipl but that
> no driver claims to have taken care of the interrupt.  in this case 13,
> the ipl of audio & nell in this box:
>
> 	audio at sbus0 slot 4 offset 0x1300000 level 7 (ipl 13) not configured
> 	[ ... ]
> 	nell0 at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x0 level 4 (ipl 7) level 7 (ipl 13): rev 1

I suspect this is a race between the two interrupt handlers of the nell
driver. They actually do not use any form of locking between each other (vs.
hardware access) - this is due to a misunderstanding of mine how sbus
interrupts are scheduled.

I plan to join both interrupt handlers into a single one, IIRC the hardware
can be configured this way. Since the state changed handler is run rarely,
this is no problem. I just have to get around to it ;-)

Martin
P.S.: next step on the todo list: avoiding the bigendian hack on ultras