Subject: Floppies bootable disk images currupted?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Zhongwen Li <zhongwen_li@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/2002 00:49:50
Hi,
I have an SPARC station 10 which has dual TI390Z50
CPUs. Since it has no CD driver for it, I would like
to install the NetBSD ffrom the floppy driver. I have
checked several ftp sites, most of them has a
corrupted bootable image. The SUN OpenProm complains
about bad magic number. The I check the files I
downloaded for the disk1, the boot.fs shows a time
stamp at 2010-11-28 12:00. Can anyone help me to
rebuild the dump then put it on the net?

Or other suggestions to how shall I do to boot the
machine? Since I have got the machine from a second
hand market, I have no knowledge of how to log on the
old VMUnix installed on the hard disk.

Thanks in advance!

Zhongwen