Subject: re: Data Exception while loading kernel.
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/2002 17:07:05
   In message <Pine.NEB.4.44.0209232029280.486-100000@moss.emlyn.cowbeastie.com>,
   David Brownlee writes:
   >	I've seen problems with kernels and bootblocks compiled
   >	-mcpu=supersparc and -mcpu=v8 under 1.5, but the 1.6 compiler
   >	seems to eliminated those bugs... Can you try a 1.6 kernel
   >	compile with the 1.6 compiler and -O2 -mcpu=supersparc?

   Once my LX finishes building everything...  That poor hampster can
   only spin the little wheel so fast... 8^)  I thought that might be
   part of the problem so I haven't mentioned it before, and was going
   to bring it up later.

   (But I'm a sucker for needing to say <AOL>Me too!</AOL> 8^)

this is speculation based on two little facts of my own:

	- a kernel a built several months ago for my classic did not
	load, i *think* due to the same error.

	- a kernel a built a week or so ago works.

so, perhaps the bug is in 1.6 but fixed in -current?  i really have
no idea, but felt the need to share the above facts.