Subject: Re: Dynamic linker problem ...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/2002 15:17:40
 --- Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> a écrit : >
> Where is my mistake ????
>
> How should we know? You didn't tell what linker
> command you used, where you
> put the libs etc.

Oups, yes, you're right :-(
It's the original makefile comming from the boutell
site w/ some small modifications for my own
environment (for example, remove freetype support).
All libraries are installed inside /usr/local/lib, and
I have set LD_RUN_PATH to point to this directory.

The linker command used is the one of the original
tarball :

ld -shared -o libdb.so. ...

> Why aren't you using the pkgsrc?

Basicaly because I don't want freetype support and I
prefere as much as possible to compile by myself such
thing to have a 'sort of common environment' on all of
my machines.

The other (bad) thing, is my previous experience w/
NetBSD was w/ the very old version 1.1 many years ago.
This old version doesn't know anything about packages
(so me too), and I haven't yet tryed pkg command yet
.. . I'm currently on administration commands, the
next step will be package.

As tarball from boutell doesn't use libtool, perasp it
can't generate correct shared stuffs. In this case, I
will try to use the "source package". Anyway, It's
interesting to me to know why this compilation fails,
as I may have such trouble w/ my own progies.

Any tips,

Bye

Laurent

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.