Subject: Re: netbooting LX not working, please help!!
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/18/2002 10:15:51
On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 12:06:19PM +0200, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> if you try w/ 1.6 install kernel, perasp you got the
> same problem I've got when I have installed my SS5 ?
>
> In this case, stop the DHCP server until the kernel
> fall back to RARP and then, reactivate it.
>
> But I duno if it's your trouble ...

no, it's not even getting that far in the process.  the LX is sending out the
initial ARP?RARP request, and it being completely ignored by the U1.  i went
ahead and started up in.rarpd on the U1 and put the LX's MAC adress and name in
/etc ethers, and it STILL ignores the LX.  grrrrr.

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --