Subject: Re: floppy images and pr17614
To: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/2002 06:49:01
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 03:05:43PM +0100, Greg MATTHEWS wrote:
  | i was using this:
  |
  | /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.3/sparc/installation/floppy/*
  |
  | and using dd (bs=36k as reccomended in the howto) to transfer the
  | images. the error i was getting was the out of space message rather
  | than something related to a bad image/floppy. the symptoms were that
  | sysinst was *very* slow and then crashed and the old method got a
  | bit further before crashing with the same error.
  |
  | i was having this problem in the first week of sep - havent tested
  | since. if you like i can try it again and give you more detailed
  | info.

ok.  i'll try creating some floppies and testing them on an ss5 I have.
(there are other developers with more netbsd/sparc clue than i who could
probably help diagnose this...)

this may be related to the fact that the netbsd-1.6/sparc is
cross-built on an i386, but i'm sure we have had reports of this
stuff working successfully when we first got the cross build stuff
working for netbsd/sparc.