Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc64 1.6 miniroot fails to boot on Sun Fire V100
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/16/2002 14:02:50
On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 07:27:48PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Sun Fire V100 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz), No Keyboard
> OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #51700933.
> Ethernet address 0:3:ba:14:e4:c5, Host ID: 8314e4c5.
>

> Executing last command: boot disk:d netbsd -s
> Boot device: /pci@1f,0/ide@d/disk@2,0:d  File and args: netbsd -s
> Fast Data Access MMU Miss
> ok

It seems to be ofwboot failure, I don't think you forgot to uncompress
the image, just in case you did.

You can try to boot from other media, or you can try to install from
solaris (if you have spare partition), depending on the further plans
for the machine.  My preference to netboot, that is less interventing.

I havn't heard successful results with V100, but from what I see
it's not UltraSparc-III so it might work.

	Andrey