Subject: NFS setup problems (for net booting)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/07/2002 21:27:41
I'm trying to net boot a SS20, and am having a bit of trouble getting
the machine to boot.  It appears that I can't get my 1.5.3 system to
export the filesystems.

In particular my /etc/exports file looks like this:

/usr -ro -maproot=nobody:nobody client.bullers.net
/home/client/root client.bullers.net localhost
/home/client/swap client.bullers.net

I added localhost to client/root to try and debug a bit better, but later
realized that my real problem is the following syslog messages:

Sep  7 21:18:05 server mountd[128]: \
	"/home/client/root client.bullers.net localhost", \
	line 2: Can't change attributes for /home/client/root \
		to client.bullers.net

and the same thing for line 3 as well.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Jon