Subject: re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/05/2002 21:32:25
[ On Friday, September 6, 2002 at 11:03:51 (+1000), matthew green wrote: ]
> Subject: re: 1.6 on IPC (tagged queuing bug still there)
>

>    	I think the point is the default should be to disable it until
>    	someone can fix it - as is now NetBSD will fail to run out of
>    	the box on some drives.
>

> david - please make it so and request pullups for 1.6.

Please do not do that unless it's done across the board for all host
adapters on all platforms where drives of a similar vintage might be
used.  This is most definitely _NOT_ a sparc or esp specific issue.  The
scsipi quirk table should be able to handle this issue for every port
and every scsipi-enabled driver uniformly and thus no scsipi-enabled
driver need have tagged queuing disabled by default.

--
								Greg A. Woods