Subject: Re: scsi id trouble
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/2002 15:06:17
On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 07:43:18PM +1000, Paul NCC/CS wrote:

> I can't adjust the scsi id. I have the info page:
> http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/scsi/st34572w.html

Your SS5 will set the ID of the SCA drives.  Further, Sun is a little
backwards in that the first drive is SCSI ID 3, and the second is
ID 1.

The lower bay is your boot drive, and that will get ID 3.  The upper
bay is ID 1.

The disk order is 3 1 2 0.  That pretty well makes no sense any more,
and I can't even remember the historical reason it was that way any more.
Some Sun FAQ probably has details on it.

I have my NetBSD kernel built to honor the PROMs disk order, as it causes
less grief than trying to fight it.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com