Subject: scsi id trouble
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/31/2002 19:43:18
Hi folks,

I'm on the list for sure now so no need to cc, thanks.
Thanks for advice on cg6 btw, it works fine in the ss5.

a new question:
I have a seagate ST34572WC disk with an "SCA"
adapter, which I haven't seen before but it looks
like it provides the power to the disk as well as the
scsi connection, anyway,

I can't adjust the scsi id. I have the info page:
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/scsi/st34572w.html

But the scsi id change just doesn't seem to take
any effect. I have another pack of 4 disks that have id's
0,1,2,3  so I wanted to get this seagate internal disk
onto say scsi id 4. But When I choose 4 on the jumper
and then do a probe-scsi it see's the disk (it's the
only one connected) as EVERY target! Bizarre.
The same one disk comes up as every target from
0 to 6. As a result I can only either run the pack
of 4 or the internal seagate. I'm pretty sure I've
got the right jumper too. The other jumpers for
other scsi id's make probe-scsi see no change or
sometimes no disk at all. With no jumper it has
id 0 I think because the sun prom see's it as 3.

Is there something wrong with the disk or am I
missing something. I'd guess the later. Should
be able to change that scsi id.

Thanks :)
Paul.