Subject: Re: FSBE/S on IPX?
To: Jock W. Shirey <jock42@myrealbox.com>
From: Tom Ponsford <tponsford@theXnospamXriver.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/27/2002 12:25:45
I had a similar problem on an IPX, but with an aurora multiport  serial
card running Solaris.
I do beleive it has something to do with the memory and address space.
Is your memory real sun memory ie.. 33bit parity??

My problem is that I used mixed 33 bit sun with 36 bit IBM which works,
but have to be in the right slots!!
The sun memory must be in the Primary., ie 1st slots and the 36 bit
memory in the secondary slots.

I'm not sure what the exact order. I think Obsolyte.com has a PDF of the
Users manual for the IPX which will give you the proper order.
If not a google search should turn it up.

After the correct ordering the error message went away and I was able to
autoboot.

I'm still using my IPX w/wietek PU chip as a gatewaty/router for my home
lan It works good except it has to run Solaris.

Hopefully soon we'll have an aurora driver :)

Cheers

TP