Subject: FSBE/S on IPX?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jock W. Shirey <jock42@myrealbox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/27/2002 04:38:48
Hello,

	I am putting together an small system for a firewall based on an
IPX.  Since it's going to be a firewall, I purchased a Fast SCSI/Ethernet
(FSBE/S) (P/N:  501-2015)  card from a friend of mine for the 2nd NIC.
When I insert the card, I receive a "Invalid FCode start byte at
ffe70000", and the machine fails to recognize the card.  The strange thing
is that if I perform a soft reset, the card is recognized without a
problem.  My friend had the card in a SS5 and never experienced any
problems.  My IPX has OpenBoot Prom rev. 2.6.  I've done quite a bit of
extensive searching, and have been unable to find any insight into why
this is happening.  Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Jock