Subject: Re: old monochrome monitor repair hints?
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoff Blake <geoff@palaemon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/15/2002 19:01:44
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I guess it might not hurt to just replace all of the electrolytic caps....
> If one's dry the others may be nearly dry.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest, replace the lot - but pay
particular attention to the two high voltage capacitors that form the
mains input voltage doubler.

Make sure that the capacitors you use as replacements are correctly
rated. The ripple current rating and working temperature are as
important as the working voltage and capacitance.

HTH

Geoff
--
    Geoff Blake	              Please reply to:		Using Linux on
    Chelmsford		geoff (a) palaemon . co . uk	Intel & NetBSD

    This  E-mail  and any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and is
    intended solely for the  addressee(s). If you are  not the intended
    recipient please notify <postmaster@palaemon.co.uk>  and the sender
    by return and permanently delete the message. You may not disclose,
    forward or copy this E-mail or any attachment(s) to any third party
    without the prior consent of the sender.