Subject: Central Data SCSI Terminal Server ST-1016 (WAS: Re: Sparc Aurora
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/13/2002 16:33:16
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 @ 3:48pm (-0400), Andrew Brown wrote:

AB> >hmmm 4 port card, wonder which chip is in it.  i have a driver

Along the same lines, i have a "Central Data" "SCSI Terminal Server" model
ST-1016 sitting around here.  Unfortunately, it's so old, that the company
that acquired the original manufacturer (digi.com) posses (or is unwilling)
to release and specs about the unit.

The device contains 16 25pin TIA/EIA RS-232 ports and has a mini50 pin scsi
interface w/ passthrough.

Unforunately, I've also lost the AC->DC power adapter for it, otherwise I
would try to attach it to a scsi bus and probe it.

I've been scouring Google for specs, and I'm coming up short, which is
normally a bad sign (if it's not in Google, it's probably not out there)

-lava

AB> >for the aurora 8/16 port cards mostly done... if you're willing
AB> >to send it to australia i will definately work on making it
AB> >supported..
AB>
AB> i imagine it's the aurora csfour card, which means it's got either a
AB> cd2400 or a cd2401 on it.  mine has a cd2401.  that chip's driven by
AB> dev/ic/clmpcc.c.  a driver for this card ought to be pretty simple
AB> (for people who know how to write drivers).
AB>
AB> --
AB> |-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
AB> codewarrior@daemon.org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
AB> twofsonet@graffiti.com (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
AB> andrew@crossbar.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973