Subject: re: 1.6 woes (pmap vs. UBC?)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2002 20:11:48
   >> I basically just stopped using "older" machines, machines that
   >> suffered from it, so I stopped noticing it.  But it isn't new,
   >> unless I've misunderstood the problem.
   > that is my understanding.  i've basically stopped using sun4c's...

   I didn't go that far; the IPX is still one of my workhorse machines at
   home, and I like 2s and, what was it?, the 4, 5, 20, I think one of
   those was a late-model 4c....

4, 5 and 20 are all sun4m.  as are the LX and classic.  all of
these machines work fine for me running netbsd (well, i haven't
run a ss4 myself..)

   It can't _require_ the dog-slow fix I've seen mentioned on the lists,
   though; SunOS did fine.

concur.

   (I wonder if Sun could be talked into opening
   SunOS kernel source now that not only SunOS but most of the machines it
   runs on are not just dead but buried as commercial products....)

they probably lost it...