Subject: re: 1.6 woes (pmap vs. UBC?)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2002 19:10:32

   I basically just stopped using "older" machines, machines that suffered
   from it, so I stopped noticing it.  But it isn't new, unless I've
   misunderstood the problem.

that is my understanding.  i've basically stopped using sun4c's...

for *ever* i had weird traps and maintained a patched trap.c that
was supposed to provide extra info but i never managed to figure it
out and none of the stuff i sent to pk over the years made sense
to him either.... it was only a problem "rarely" - my systems often
stayed up months, but never more than 6...

.mrg.