Subject: Re: 1.6 woes (pmap vs. UBC?)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Toby Thain <toby@disegno.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2002 18:05:56
der Mouse wrote:
>>>Are other sun4c users really avoiding newer NetBSD?  Is that why so
>>>few people have encountered this problem?
>>
>>It's possible.  Remember that this only occurs on older sun4c (the
>>ones with "sw flush cache").  IPX and SS2 are fine.
>

> I'm also not sure it's really "newer NetBSD".  I've been seeing
> occasional spurious userland coredumps on SS1, SS1+, at least one of
> {SLC,ELC}, since pre-1.4.

I am not seeing any problems like this on my SS1+ running 1.5.2. It runs
24/7 but is relatively lightly loaded (pppd, sshd, DNS,
Apache/PHP/MySQL, squid, FTP, NFS server etc.) Occasional compiles and
that sort of thing. It's stayed up for many months over the last few
years without dumping core.

Toby