Subject: system config problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Uban <uban@ubanproductions.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2002 22:27:46
I have been running NetBSD 1.4.1 on a Sparc IPX for some time now as a firewall
for my home network. Recently my DSL was reprovisioned and as a result, my
fixed IP address changed. Following this event, I reconfigured my system and
it seems to work for the most part, but now there are a few URL (IP addresses)
which I have trouble reaching. My IP address changed from 4.3.176.50
(255.255.255.252)
to 66.14.78.22 (255.255.255.252). One of the IP addresses which I can no
longer reach
is 66.236.61.165 (pelicanparts.com), the other is 216.32.120.133 (ebay.com).

If I just attach a windblows box to the DSL line, I can reach these sites
just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which item I might have misconfigured,
or how I figure out what is the problem component?

--tnx
--tom

P.S. I know that I should upgrade the OS to a later rev, but that isn't as
high on my
list as getting this problem solved.