Subject: Re: panic("pv_link: pv_pool exhausted"); on 1.6_BETA4
To: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/2002 22:23:10
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 04:13:45PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Just had a sparc5 nfs server/client panic on pool_get() in
> 	pmap.c. Would it make sense for pool_setlowat() to be called on
> 	pv_pool at some point to try to avoid just this issue?

you're probably already using a bunch of pages for the pv_pool at this point,
so it would only help if the lowat mark was higher than your current usage.
that would be a lot, and we probably wouldn't want to reserve so many pages
for pv entries all the time.

did you get a dump from this?  if you did I'd like to look at it.

-Chuck