Subject: Re: multiple sbus frame buffers
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/30/2002 18:50:13
> I just booted 1.6 from today's source on a Classic which has an sbus
> cgsix as well as the on-board cgthree, and was quite surprised to see
> this:

> cgsix0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x0 level 9: SUNW,501-2325, 1152 x 900, rev 11
> cgsix0: attached to /dev/fb

> cgthree0 at sbus0 slot 3 offset 0x0 level 9: , 1152 x 900
> cgthree0: replacing cgsix0
> cgthree0: attached to /dev/fb

I would be surprised too.  I could see replacing the cg6 as /dev/fb if
the cg3 were the console, but it isn't reported as console.

> Is it possible to use multiple frame buffers on sparc?

What makes you think you can't?  I would expect /dev/cgsix0 and
/dev/cgthree0 to let you speak to their respective hardware just fine,
even though I don't understand the /dev/fb logic.

Or did you try using them and it didn't work?  Your message didn't seem
to indicate that, at least to me.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign