Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/28/2002 19:08:59
[ On Sunday, July 28, 2002 at 19:43:35 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
>
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 06:13:26PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 06:11:47PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> > > My Sparcs look stable now, but s l o w..
> >
> > Err, spoke too soon:
> >
> > cc -I/store/pkgsrc/mail/pine/work/.buildlink/include -O2
> > -L/store/pkgsrc/mail/pine/work/.buildlink/lib  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib
> > -L/usr/pkg/lib   -DDEBUG    -DNETBSD -DSYSTYPE=\"NEB\" -DMOUSE
> > -I/usr/pkg/include/c-client  -c other.c
> > cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10
>
> Hum, this is interesting. I didn't get a single cor dump since I use this
> patch, and my system is building since 10 days.
> Is this core dump random, or will it appear each time you try to compile
> this file ?

I suspect y'all are talking about the very same problem I was describing
a while ago with 1.5W on my SS1+ and a still constantly crashing Xserver.....

I've run for two weeks without a crash.  Other times it won't stay
running long enough for me to login.  Only very rarely will some other
program die, such as snmpd, though I can't be sure those other programs
are not just buggy (I've only done more extensive debugging with XsunMono).

I'm willing to try the patch, but if anyone's seen even one error since
applying it then I'd have to suggest that it's not really the solution.

I'm running diskless, with very little paging happening.  See the list
archives for more details.

--
								Greg A. Woods