Subject: Re: 1.6 woes
To: Olev Hannula <hannula@hot.ee>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/28/2002 16:09:36
On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 04:25:55PM +0300, Olev Hannula wrote:
> Ok, so to fix the bug we need to disable tagged queuing, will there ever
> be tagged queuing support for older sun4c's (like my IPC)??? It was nice
> to see after upgrading to 1.6 that dmesg displayed tagged queuing
> support (1.5.3 has no idea of this). In theory when a drive supports
> tagged queuing, the system is faster, as far as i get it. Does this

It depends. There are some write performance problems with some old drives.
Also some old drive have buggy firmware which don't support very well
tagged queuing.

> patch that Manuel Bouyer sent fix the kernel so it works with tagged
> queuing enabled? Or maybe I am chasing something wich has no use (tagged

No, my patch is for something completely unrelated: random core dumps
or programs, which seems related to a cache problem.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>